Today we bring you a man who was born to entertain, he believe radio has always been his calling.
This young man worked for East Coast Radio before moving to Vuma FM where he is shining on his show that air on weekday evenings and he believe this is a good platform to nurture his talent. A.T Nkosi is not only a radio presenter but he spends most of his time motivating teenagers in schools because he believes in giving back to the community.We had a chat with him and this is what he had to say:-
1. Tell us about your background, how was life growing up?
I grew up in a small town on the Northern side of KZN, which is Pongola. I was raised by my grandmother, cause my mom had to go further her studies. Growing up was fun, but i never got to spend time with my friends outside of school – cause i had to work whenever am home. In that way i got to spend a lot of time with my cousins and other family members. I enjoyed every minute of it. Because it made me the person i am today.
2. Have you always new that you want to be a radio DJ or the feeling developed later?
I always knew i was born to entertain, however I was not sure which space. And when i got to high school i knew radio was for me, because i got to MC all the school plays etc.
3. How has your radio journey been?
Its been good. Yes, there have been some challenges. but i pray a lot. and that helps me to overcome the challenges. But i am very happy so far. God has been good.
4. Tell us about the show that you are presenting at Vuma FM?
Its called #TheGeeSpot. it happens Monday till Friday 20:00 until 23:00. Its music show. and we focus mostly on relationships and family matters.
5. How does it feel to move from a weekend show to a daily show?
To be honest it came as a surprise i did not think it will come this early in my radio career. Its a big jump. And thank God & and management for in trusting me with this huge opportunity. And i am loving it so far.
6. Is this the kind of show you’ve always wanted/ ideal show?
You can say that. And am happy to start there when it comes to weekday shows.
7.How do you prepare for your show?
I am always preparing for my show. whether am seating with friends or in a meeting. Cause content is always there around you. i try to stay away from the internet.
8. Tell us about your life outside radio, what do you do if you are not on air?I love chilling with friends or spending time at the gym. And i enjoy talking to my mom & dad over the phone. Since i don’t stay with them. And i love meeting new people.
9. Which challenges would you advise people to expect in this industry?
Don’t give up!!! You will go through a lot of NO’s before you get to that big YES. And never sell your soul trying to get in. And your time will come.
10. Your message to Vumaland listeners…
People should keep listening to Vuma103 . And the show is going to get better.
11. How do people get in touch with on Online/social media?
Visionary, content creator and Brand Influencer. I found life online.
Read latest in Sports on mhlengimzelemu.wordpress.com
Find Entertainment, reviews and Interviews on www.castlerockmag.co.za
Contact 0849196239 or firstname.lastname@example.org